Monday, March 2, 2009

1% of people

50% of all people are below average, and 49out of the remaining 50% are only average. If you think this is wrong your not in that remaining 1% sorry buddy. That doesn't necessarily make you a bad person, I've already offended half of you, it's OK I'm really only talking to the non-offended one's anyway. One time I went to see a movie with my roommate, the movie started at 9 P.M, we walked into the theater at 9:02 there was a 50 person line to buy tickets from the ticket vendor. However my roommate and I quickly notice the ten machine's you can use your credit card to buy tickets, so we immediately buy are tickets and we are sitting down for previews at 9:05 while there are still 49 people in line. Neither of us are classified as genius' but how could no one else see the obvious answer? There was a fair mix of ages, races, ethnic groups, occupations, educational level a normal crowd but my roommate and I seemed to be the only one's able to grasp that simple solution. I wasn't shocked, because of the opening quote, this was one of the laws of the modern world at work. Sometimes I get a friend who asks me how so and so could let them down just by not showing up or by failing to see what was in front of their eyes. Time and time again the only explanation I can give them is people are stupid. I'm waiting for the world to prove me wrong call me a cynic but I don't see it happening.
The really difficult question is how can you know who is in that 1%? the best answer I've found is you get someone who knows what's up a.k.a. being in the 1% and they speak to an unknown individual and those people in the 1% know that within 2 minutes of conversation you can figure out how quick or worthwhile this individual is, for the most part don't flip out there are exception's to every rule. This isn't the only way sometime I read a book such as The Stranger by Camus, or The Watchmen and it's obvious the individuals responsible for writing those are brilliant, have a keener observation of humanity than most and thus are in that 1% some of you are pissed off about already.

No comments:

Post a Comment